Lessons are offered for a variety of swimming levels. They begin at preschool level and progress through competitive level. Whether you are looking to have your child get comfortable in the water or refine their swimming strokes. The swimming lessons at Faribault Parks and Recreation offer it. See below for more details.
The following are the lessons offered:
- Parent/Preschool – Parent/guardians are in the water with the child. Parent and child will focus on floating, and basic skills.
- Aqua Squirts – Parent/guardians observe the lessons from the pool deck. Swimmers will focus on basic water skills with little or no assistance.
- Level 1 -Helps students feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely focusing on skills similar to entering and exiting water safely, underwater skills, floating and basic water safety rules.
- Level 2 – Gives student’s success with fundamental skills such as entering and exiting, underwater skills, rolling over, swimming on side, floating and treading water.
- Level 3 -Builds on level 2 skills by providing additional guided practice. Learn how to enter by jumping, fully submerge head, perform survival float and learn new strokes.
- Level 4 -Develops confidence in learned strokes and to improve other aquatic skills. Perform some dives and more advanced strokes.
- Level 5 – Stroke Refinement: Provides further coordination and refinement of strokes and dives.
- Competitive – Prepare participants to begin swimming on a competitive level. Whether that be through Club swimming or High School swim and dive teams. Will give specific instruction geared towards stroke technique and begin orientation of swimming work outs, conditioning, how to read and use a pace clock, and stroke drills.
Parks and Recreation Aquatics
Age Range Served
15 W Division St
Faribault MN, 55021