For Youth, By Youth
YouthBank is an innovative youth philanthropy program which was started in Northern Ireland 20+ years ago. Northfield YouthBank has been running for five years and now we are starting one in Faribault!
A team of trained youth grant-makers will be awarding funds to youth-led projects that will improve the quality of life for youth in Faribault.
Are you currently in high school and have a project idea to make Faribault a better place for youth?
Faribault YouthBank can help make your idea a reality! We will be giving grants of up to $2,500 to youth that want to improve our community.
This fall we have chosen to focus on supporting grants addressing:
- Support for youth activities in Faribault
- Creating spaces for community building that addresses segregation in our community
- Ensuring opportunities are available for low-income youth
*However, we welcome applications that help the community in other ways.*
Writing a grant? Let us help you!
We have a two-step application process:
- Fill out the pre-application to tell us about your idea
- We will get in touch with you to help you fill out a full grant application so you can put your best foot forward
Pre-Application deadline: Monday, November 30, 2020 – by 5pm
Some examples of possible projects in these focus areas would be:
- Developing a tutoring program that helps ensure everyone has access to the school help they need
- Establishing a youth-run farm that brings together different groups from across Faribault
- Providing school supplies for high school and college students during COVID
Check out some of Northfield YouthBank has funded in the past to get some creative ideas on what your grant could do here.
The more your idea fits the grant requirements below, the better the chance you will have of receiving funding.
The basic grant requirements are:
- Youth-led: This means a group of at least 3 young people have the idea, apply for the money and make it happen.
- Clear and realistic plan to meet your goal.
- Good value for money.
- Has a positive impact on young people in our community.
- Addresses issues of equity within our community.
- Each grant must use a minimum of $500.
- Each project is housed within a tax-exempt organization that acts as a fiscal agent.
Your application will be scored on the following: Quality of Idea, Value for Money, the Role of Youth, the Project’s Impact, Addressing Equity, and Group Preparedness.
How does Youthbank help youth?
On top of funding valuable community projects, Faribault YouthBank helps young people develop essential life skills and prepares them for future careers. Members of the granting committee are responsible for engaging in community research, fundraising, promoting grant opportunities, reviewing requests for funding and engaging in the decision making process, working alongside young people in promoting their work, writing reports and engaging with grant recipients to learn what worked well
Send an email to email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: @faribaultyouthbank